Grant Proposal Evaluation Criteria
The grant evaluation process is conducted using weighted categories, review criteria, and a standardized scoring system to rate each application against the selected criteria.
Grant applications are assigned a score for each criterion, based upon the extent to which they meet the standard. Applications are evaluated based on the CCI Research Foundation grant proposal review rubric.
Applications are pre-screened on a pass/fail basis during the administrative review, which includes determination of compliance with application and eligibility requirements. Complete applications are then reviewed by the evaluation committee. Applicants will be notified of determinations for the 2021 funding cycle in September.
Research Project Ideas
The CCI Research Foundation’s mission is to fund research that contributes to the advancement of perioperative nursing science and the enhancement of perioperative patient care.
Leadership & Management• Influence on perioperative nursing practice and certification
• Strategies to improve perioperative work environment and staff and patient outcomes
• Role of leadership in implementing QI initiatives/Evidence Based Practice in perioperative setting
• New models of health care delivery
Nurse Performance• Perioperative nurse perceptions of their role in patient outcomes
• Impact of perioperative nursing certification on practice and patient outcomes
• Role of APRNs in the perioperative environment
Organizational Climate• Perioperative nursing/RN work environment and outcomes
• Impact/outcomes of organizational systems/structures which promote certified perioperative nurse practice
• Impact of organizational climate on patients’ ability to navigate perioperative processes
Nurse Practice• Perioperative nursing characteristics, employment, and productivity
• Perioperative nursing practices that promote positive patient/health outcomes